A recipe for ice cream with Matcha green tea powder and white chocolate, very easy to make.
For about 1 liter of ice cream:
- 180 g of fresh cream
- 225 g milk
- 80 g sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of fine salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 225 g finely chopped white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of sifted Matcha
Materials: an ice machine, a Chinese, a strainer cheesecloth.
- In a medium skillet, bring the cream, milk, sugar and salt to a simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl then add a 1/2 cup of the creamy and hot mixture to warm the eggs. Then return the contents of the bowl to the pan, while whisking the mixture.
- Continue to simmer, stirring, until the cream is thick enough to stick to the back of a table spoon for 5 minutes. Do not let this mixture boil. Pour this preparation through a Chinese provided with a cheesecloth.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, stirring the chocolate every 30 seconds. Add the Matcha to the white chocolate and mix vigorously until you get a smooth texture. Mix this preparation with the filtered cream. Let this mixture cool, then put it in the refrigerator until it is very cold.
- With the resulting cream, prepare the ice cream following the instructions for your ice machine.